about us
Since 1998, MarineBio has been a nonprofit volunteer marine conservation and science education group working together to educate the world about ocean life, marine biology, marine conservation, and a sea ethic.

Join the MarineBio Conservation Society »

» MarineBio@Facebook

» MarineBio's Group@Facebook

MarineBio@Twitter

» The MarineBio Blog

» The MarineBio Ocean Channel

» MarineBio's Database

» The MarineBio Conservation Society

MarineBio@Facebook
New to the Plankton Forums? Start off here with a quick hello to introduce yourself!

Hi im new and looking forward to great discussions!

Hi im new and looking forward to great discussions!

Postby Diver teen2 » 1/6/13

Hi im new and I was wondering if some experienced forum members could just tell me how things work around here! :shark1:
Diver teen2
...pl°a,n.kt°on...

Re: Hi im new and looking forward to great discussions!

Postby KristianT » 1/9/13

I'm far from an 'experienced' member but I can say that personally I am very interested in the monitoring the boards to either help answer questions, discuss current marine-related topics or, and what seems to have been the most common as of late, give advice on pursuing either an education or job within Marine Biology.
KristianT
~~moderator~~

Re: Hi im new and looking forward to great discussions!

Postby Izzy » 2/14/13

Hi there,

As a long-time member (and moderator) I welcome you! It's definitely a lot quieter around here than it used to be - maybe you can help us breathe some life back into the forums. :) Anything marine biology related is totally fair game. :)
~Izzy
Biological Oceanographer

If you think Education is expensive, try Ignorance.
"The inhabitants of the sea have much to teach us." ~Wyland
"I have slipped the bonds of Earth to dance with dolphins." :dolphin: ~Wyland
"If human civilization is going to invade the waters of the earth, then let it be first of all to carry a message of respect." ~ Jacques Cousteau
NOSB: A great way for high schoolers to learn about the oceans.
A whale killed a dolphin but he was acquitted because he didn't do it on porpoise.

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
Izzy
~~moderator~~

Return to Introduce Yourself!